EAOO and PTOO announce four international speakers to address the theme: “Eyecare in the Changing World”
London, 16 /02/2023 – The 14th annual conference of the European Academy of Optometry and Optics (EAOO), co-organized by the EAOO and the Polish Optometric Association – Polskie Towarzystwo Optometrii i Optyki (PTOO), will take place in Poznań, Poland, 12-14 May 2023. The European Council of Optometry and Optics (ECOO) spring meeting will be held alongside the Academy event starting from 11th May.
Organisers are pleased to offer a rich programme, complemented by internationally renowned keynote speakers:
- Prof. Kovin Naidoo, Global Head of Advocacy and Partnerships, OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation and former CEO, Brien Holden Vision Institute. Prof. Naidoo is an optometrist, academic, and an internationally celebrated public health leader. His professional life has been dedicated to delivering eye care to people in need. Meet Prof. Kovin Naidoo.
According to Prof. Naidoo, “The ‘changing world’ requires the eyecare sector to be both receptive and responsive. I am thrilled to join the EAOO 2023 and delve into global challenges and opportunities to inspire collective action at scale.”
Join Prof. Naidoo at his keynote lecture, “Eyecare in the Changing World: Scaling Up for Impact” and at a later panel discussion entitled, “Eyecare in the Changing World: Harnessing our Collective Response.”
- Matt Jaskulski, PhD, clinical research software developer at the Indiana University Clinical Optics Research Lab (IU CORL) directed by Dr. Pete Kollbaum. Dr. Jaskulski is co-founder and CEO, VisionApp Solutions S.L., a startup dedicated to developing innovative software technologies for vision science and myopia research. Meet Dr. Matt Jaskulski.
“I am humbled by the invitation to share insights about new technologies in tele-optometry and to present recent clinical evaluations of new myopia control spectacle lenses,” said Dr. Jaskulski.
Join Dr. Jaskulski at his keynote lecture, “Innovative Enabling Technologies in Optics, Optometry and Vision Science,” and during the regular program as he presents, “Optical Performance of Advanced Ophthalmic Lenses for Myopia Control” – focused on evaluations by IU CORL of the new Hoya MiYOSMART and Essilor® Stellest™ spectacle lenses.
- Greg Caldwell, OD, FAAO, Clinical and Education Consultant, served on the AOA Board of Trustees 2013-2016, former President of the Pennsylvania Optometric Association. Dr. Caldwell’s primary focus is the diagnosis and management of anterior and posterior segment ocular disease, and he has been a participant in multiple FDA investigations and trials. Dr. Caldwell has integrated nutrition, prevention, and wellness into his patient care and is co-founder of Optometric Education Consultants and co-administrator of OCT Connect. Meet Dr. Greg Caldwell.
“The EAOO 2023 conference provides an unmatched opportunity to share my passion for integrative optometry with this audience of practitioners dedicated to continued learning,” said Dr. Caldwell.
Join Dr. Caldwell for his keynote, “New Technologies for Macular Degeneration Management,” and to explore other topics, “Thyroid and Eye Disease” and “Nutrition and the Eye.”
- Prof. Joseph J. Pizzimenti, OD, FAAO, Professor at the Rosenberg School of Optometry at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX, USA, and the former President of the Optometric Retina Society (ORS). Dr. Pizzimenti’s teaching and research interests include oculo-systemic disease, age-related macular degeneration, vitreomacular adhesion, and clinical applications of multimodal ophthalmic imaging. Meet Prof. Joseph J. Pizzimenti.
“I am thrilled to join the EAOO 2023, especially in the city of Poznan, where I was teaching and evaluating optometric education programs for Central Europe at the time of my fellowship appointment with the World Council of Optometry,” said Prof. Pizzimenti.
Join Dr. Pizzimenti at his keynote address on “Clinical Optometry” and a later presentation on “Humanitarian Eyecare Projects.”
Other highlights of the Program include:
- Joint symposium with the American Academy of Optometry
- Clinical workshops at the Poznań University of Medical Science (PUMS) and Adam Mickiewicz University (UAM)
- Paediatrics & Binocular Vision and Technology Rapid Fire Sessions
- Digital, Clinical, and Humanitarian Optometry
- Education in Optometry and Optics
- Contact Lenses and Ophthalmic Optics
- Myopia Management
- Exhibition and networking facilities
The European Academy of Optometry and Optics (EAOO) is a membership organisation that provides a much-needed voice to help advance optometry and optics, develop the scientific knowledge base and support and promote lifelong learning for optometrists, opticians, vision scientists and all those involved in eye health care across Europe. The Academy’s strategic aims are to: • develop scientific knowledge of optometry and optics, • advance and promote education into optometry and optics and related subjects, • advance and promote research into optometry and optics and related subjects, • promote for the public benefit the science and practice of optometry and optics, • promote for the public benefit the professional competence and conduct of Academy members. The Academy was launched in Lausanne, Switzerland in May 2009, at the Spring Meeting of the European Council of Optometry and Optics (ECOO).
Address: European Academy of Optometry and Optics, 42 Craven Street, London, WC2N 5NG, United Kingdom
The Polish Optometric Association (PTOO), the local organizer of EAOO 2023 in Poland, is a membership organization that has been operating since 1994. Its aims are, among others, the continuous improvement of professional qualifications of Polish optometrists and opticians, developing standards and spreading professional ethics among specialists in Poland. PTOO is also a member of the European Council of Optometry and Optics (ECOO).
Address: Polskie Towarzystwo Optometrii i Optyki, ul. Warszawska 98A, 61-047 Poznań
For all media inquiries, interviews, and press-related matters, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Our commitment to delivering timely and precise information to the media is unwavering. We eagerly anticipate the opportunity to support your coverage of the European Association of Optometry and Optics. Please feel free to reach out to us, and we will be delighted to assist you in any manner possible.Contact