The 15th annual conference of the European Academy of Optometry and Optics (EAOO), co-organized by the EAOO and the Finnish Association of Vision and Eyecare NÄE ry, will take place in Helsinki, Finland, 10–12 May 2024. The European Council of Optometry and Optics (ECOO) spring meeting will be held alongside the Academy event starting from 9th of May.
Organisers are pleased to offer a rich programme, complemented by internationally renowned keynote speakers:
- Dr. Sandra S. Block, O.D., M. Ed., MPH, FAAO, FCOVD is a Professor Emeritus at Illinois College of Optometry, Global Clinical Advisor and consultant to the Special Olympics Lions Clubs International Opening Eyes program, and co-chair of the National Center for Children’s Vision and Eye Health. Her interests lie in primary care for children and persons with disabilities, as well as diagnosis and treatment of visually related learning problems as well as public health issues facing the equity and quality of eye care delivery. Meet Sandra S. Block.
Join Dr. Sandra Block at her keynote lecture, “Ensuring we as primary eyecare providers are part of the action to address preventable visual impairment: WCO’s role!”
- Dr. Leonard Witkamp is a former dermatologist, founder, and board member of KSYOS, the first digital hospital in The Netherlands. He is a professor in digital transformation, formerly attached to the Department of Medical Informatics of the Academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam. Meet Dr Leonard Witkamp.
Join Dr. Leonard Witkamp at his keynote lecture, “The hospital in 2030, is it in your optical practice? -The digital care path and the role of the optical practices, optometrists, and ophthalmologists.”
Other highlights of the Program include:
- Joint symposium with the American Academy of Optometry
- Clinical workshops at the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Communication and Shared care
- AI and Advances in Optometry
- Education in Optics, Binocular Vision and Refraction
- Contact Lenses and Ophthalmic Optics
- Myopia Management
- Early Career Researcher session
- Exhibition and networking facilities
The draft program will be available from 29th Jan 2024.
Register now for the EAOO 2024 conference to attend the largest professional gathering for optometry and optics in Europe! Early bird prices are valid until end of February, 2024. Follow our updates on social media and the website at eaoo2024.com.
For all media inquiries, interviews, and press-related matters, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Our commitment to delivering timely and precise information to the media is unwavering. We eagerly anticipate the opportunity to support your coverage of the European Association of Optometry and Optics. Please feel free to reach out to us, and we will be delighted to assist you in any manner possible.Contact