When established in 2010, the Education Committee’s role was to advise the Academy’s Board on all aspects of optical and optometric education and training throughout Europe.
Since 2016, the Board of Trustees has given the Education Committee a greater responsibility for promoting and supporting activities which enable practitioners throughout Europe to achieve high standards of professional competence.
The Committee is responsible for:
- the Fellowship programme
- the scientific and educational programme at the annual conference
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
The Committee advises the Board of Trustees on matters relating to:
- compliance with any relevant regulatory or legal requirements in Europe
- the areas of work about which the Academy should engage with education and training bodies within Europe and internationally
- the educational priorities for the Academy